Last week: DIFFICULT RACIAL CONVERSATIONS: This week let’s recognize that sometimes it is hard being white. Many whites want to eliminate institutionalized racism in society but do not know where to start. Many whites fear saying the wrong thing; being blamed for racist sins of the past; racialized confrontation; not being heard; and having to change your life to repair historic discrimination. While some might think that the gravity of such privileged concerns are ridiculous and are tantamount to stoning victims of racism with marshmallows, I empathize with these fears and believe that we must create safe places and spaces to engage in solution orientated conversation.
Dr. Jeremy Levitt
Dr. Levitt is Distinguished Professor of International Law at Florida A&M University (FAMU) College of Law in Orlando, Florida.
Dr. Levitt on Twitter
- WHO: Omicron variant poised to spread quickly around world November 29, 2021
- WHO criticizes nations over Africa travel bans November 29, 2021
- Israel bans all travel from foreigners as COVID-19 Omicron cases grow in world November 29, 2021
- Canada confirms 2 cases of Omicron variant November 29, 2021
- Magnitude 7.5 earthquake rattles northern Peru November 28, 2021