Last week: ANTI-BLACK LEGISLATION: Are Florida Republicans making normative warfare on Black Americans? Gov. Ron DeSantis’ racist, hostile and anti-democratic anti-protest bill (HB 1/SB 484) that would have imprisoned Martin Luther King Jr. for non-violent protests but may shield violent white supremacist counterprotesters, then his decision to exclude disproportionately Black inmates from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, it would seem so. DeSantis believes that only “law-abiding” citizens should receive the vaccine during a pandemic. Finally, DeSantis and his cronies like Rep. Spencer Roach introduced authoritarian legislation that would permit violent white supremacists and other purveyors of racial hate to speak on college campuses. What is their endgame?
Dr. Jeremy Levitt
Dr. Levitt is Distinguished Professor of International Law at Florida A&M University (FAMU) College of Law in Orlando, Florida.
Dr. Levitt on Twitter
- First migrants deported from U.S.-Mexico border arrive back in Haiti September 19, 2021
- Tropical Storm Rose becomes 17th named storm of 2021 season September 19, 2021
- Cumbre Vieja volcano erupts in Spain's Canary Islands September 19, 2021
- Manny Pacquiao announces run for Philippines president September 19, 2021
- Coronavirus spikes in Malaysia with sixth-most deaths in week; world down 5% September 19, 2021