Last week: ANTI-BLACK LEGISLATION: Are Florida Republicans making normative warfare on Black Americans? Gov. Ron DeSantis’ racist, hostile and anti-democratic anti-protest bill (HB 1/SB 484) that would have imprisoned Martin Luther King Jr. for non-violent protests but may shield violent white supremacist counterprotesters, then his decision to exclude disproportionately Black inmates from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, it would seem so. DeSantis believes that only “law-abiding” citizens should receive the vaccine during a pandemic. Finally, DeSantis and his cronies like Rep. Spencer Roach introduced authoritarian legislation that would permit violent white supremacists and other purveyors of racial hate to speak on college campuses. What is their endgame?
Dr. Jeremy Levitt
Dr. Levitt is Distinguished Professor of International Law at Florida A&M University (FAMU) College of Law in Orlando, Florida.
Dr. Levitt on Twitter
- Biden, Putin agree to resume diplomatic operations June 16, 2021
- U.N. discloses thousands of files related to North Korea human rights abuses June 16, 2021
- South Korea, Spain champion democracy during Moon Jae-in’s state visit June 16, 2021
- Ukraine police seize cash, cars, computers in raids on hackers that targeted U.S. June 16, 2021
- Racist attack of South Korean man in Italy draws outrage back home June 16, 2021